Are you looking to build your current experience in the mental health or addictions field?
Odyssey supports people to change their lives through the delivery of high quality, comprehensive community and residential services for people experiencing mental health issues and/or an addiction to alcohol, other drugs or gambling.
We are now seeking a skilled and caring part time (30 hours/3 nights per week) Night Support Worker to join our team in a youth residential service in Mt Roskill. The working hours are 10.00pm to 8.00am.
This position primarily involves doing regular checks of the premises, supporting residents with concerns, completing administrative tasks and requires the successful applicants to be awake during their shift.
The ideal applicants will have:
• A Level 4 National Certificate in health, addictions or related field
· Experience working in the AOD/mental health field
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) model
• Previous overnight working experience (is preferred)
• Excellent communication skills
· Proven reliability
• Able to work autonomously
• Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
• A full, clean driver’s licence
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries, please contact Urszula Mochocka, P&C Administrator on 09 638 4957 Ext. 727.
Closing date: Wednesday, 12 May 2021