Toitu te whenua
Toitu te mana
Toitu te tangata
Whaia te kotahitanga o te wairua, ma te rangimarie e paiheretia
Me mahi tahi tatou mo te oranga o nga tangata katoa.
Tihei mauri ora
Hold fast to the land, our pride, and people
Pursue unity of spirit, which is bound together by peace;
May we work as one for the wellbeing of all people.
At PGF Services, we have a dynamic team environment that incorporates a holistic approach to minimising the harm caused by gambling. The organisation is funded to work with individuals, whanau, groups, and the community. We have the flexibility to support any counselling modality that promotes client engagement and motivation.
We are committed to delivering a mana enhancing service and the health, safety and wellbeing of all staff is important to us. We value the connections you have with your community and encourage people with diverse backgrounds to apply.
About the role:
The successful candidate will provide whanau support services for those already experiencing harm from the impacts of gambling and other co-existing issues, along with providing education and engagement in the region to raise awareness of gambling harm.
- Completed qualification in a relevant field such as social work, counselling and/or addiction
- Membership to an appropriate governing body
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work cross-culturally and engage with diverse communities
- Effective and respectful communication skills
- Strong work ethic and high standards of record keeping
- Skills to build professional relationships with community organisations
- Competence in data entry and Microsoft 365 programmes desirable
- Full and clean driver’s licence
What we Offer:
- Flexible working environment
- Five weeks annual leave
- Medical insurance
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Latest smartphone and laptop
- Phone plan
- Career development and training opportunities
- Fortnightly external supervision
- Use of company vehicle
- One day of Birthday leave
If you want to make a difference by working to reduce gambling harm and achieve healthy communities, then we want to hear from you. Applications will close at 5.00 pm on 16 January 2022 unless filled prior.