Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: 3DHB Based at Porirua, expected to work across the Hutt & Wellington Hospital
Service: Learning & Development, MHAIDS
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
MHAIDS is committed to continuous learning and development for all our staff. Our busy team organises, coordinates, develops and delivers a wide range of programmes and learning activities to support workforce capability and to meet sector goals and requirements across the greater Wellington, Hutt and Wairarapa region.
We are looking for a skilled nurse educator to join our progressive team, to lead the education and professional development of our MHAIDS nursing workforce
As part of the team the nurse educator will primarily responsible for programmes and other professional activities that develop and maintain competence and capability of our nursing workforce. They will also contribute to generic workforce programmes in line with our multidisciplinary approach to health care delivery.
Moū – About you
The Nurse Educator will be able to bring enthusiasm, innovation and passion to the role whilst being able to prioritise and balance workforce demands.
- Design, deliver and support a range of education programmes
- Contribute the competence and capability of our nursing workforce.
- Co-facilitate generic workforce programmes alongside other members of the learning and development team.
- Work alongside the DON and other senior nurses to support the growth and development of the nursing workforce
Skills & Experience
- Extensive Mental Health Nursing Experience
- Leadership and patient / client management skills
- Knowledge of quality improvement processes and principles
- Ability to facilitate and manage change at a local level
- Knowledge and understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and implications in nursing practice.
- Specialty knowledge and practice expertise.
- Focus on strengths and recovery principles
- Minimum practice at Proficient/Expert level on PDRP or prior experience working as CNS or equivalent Senior Nursing role.
- Knowledge of nursing professional development issues
- Be flexible and adaptable
The majority of the work will take place Monday to Friday during normal work hours however there may to necessary for the Nurse educator to work outside these hours from time to time to ensure the educational requirements of the staff undertaking shift work are met.
E pā ana ki a tatou – About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Capital and Coast DHB
Hutt Valley DHB
Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
2DHB requires ALL its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. To comply with the recent health order, applicants must have had their first dose AND their second dose no later than 1 January 2022.
We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed