Permanent 0.5FTE designated Senior Nursing role based at Wairau Hospital
- Time to take a career step and become a nurse educator
- Great opportunity to make a difference
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
This role will contribute to workforce and professional development across the organisation by working collaboratively with the wider nurse educator team and, more specifically, alongside the Nelson based Mental Health Nurse Educator.
Nurse educators are a key component to improving the experience of mental health and addictions consumers by supporting the provision of a confident, multi-disciplinary team approach. A large component of this role will be ensuring that education, professional development and clinical quality systems are in place, within and across Mental Health Services, to enhance care delivery including:
- Improving outcomes for Tangata Whaiora and whānau by ensuring a responsive, compassionate and culturally safe experience
- Being an effective member of the MH&A teams to strengthen our model of integrated care to best meet the physical health, mental health and addictions needs of people within these services
- Improving the experience for health care consumers, including their family and whānau, by supporting the professional development of clinical staff who participate in the care of the consumer
- Contributing to the professional development of the Nelson Marlborough Health (NMH) nursing workforce
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
You will be an experienced senior registered nurse with a current practicing certificate and experience working in mental health and addictions. The successful applicant will have proven teaching ability in both formal and informal settings, and will have relevant postgraduate qualifications, or be working towards.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for Te Tau Ihu, the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong we are Nelson and Marlborough's largest employer, which means the opportunities here are endless. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
We offer an environment where our team strives to achieve the best outcomes for our consumers and their families and whānau. We provide a great place to work with professional development opportunities, job security, and workplace wellness programmes.
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or 03 546 1274. For role specific information please contact Jodi Miller, Associate Director of Nursing - Workforce Development at Jodi.Miller@nmdhb.govt.nz
Keen to apply now, it's easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Applications close on Sunday, 13 June 2021.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.