Work for a values based organisation, supporting our residents live their lives to the full! An exciting position has become available for a versatile, capable and enthusiastic individual to join our friendly team at St John of God Karori, a 38 bed residential home for people with physical disabilities aged 18 to 65.
We provide person-centred residential disability support services for adults and this role is a key part of the clinical team, overseeing the care and support provided within the unit.
As the Nurse Unit Manager you will need to creatively deliver and implement a good balance of clinical and social practices while also recognising Te Whare Tapa Wha models of care. Apart from your nursing experience and qualifications you will also support the education and training of staff, be a problem solver, pro-active in your management style as well as demonstrating excellent communication skills, a ready smile and feel comfortable with people who have disabilities.
Do you tick these boxes?
- A registered Nurse with a current Practicing Certificate and have recent clinical knowledge and practice within disability, palliative care, medical and community based settings
- A strong connection with our values of compassion, respect, hospitality, justice and excellence
- Demonstrate a sense of humour and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate understanding and application of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and bi-cultural models of health provision within clinical settings and leadership roles
- Confidence to work alongside senior management within the organisation
- Evidence of excellent clinical management and team leadership skills
- Evidence of the ability to manage staff and resources, while strongly leading and motivating your team to deliver safe, effective, high quality care to the residents
- Evidence of planning, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to demonstrate advanced problem solving skills
- Evidence of the ability to review and implement continuous improvement programmes
- A minimum of three years nursing experience in New Zealand
In return we offer a competitive remuneration package, including free parking and professional support and opportunities for further development.
For a position description and any further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply go to http://www.sjog.org.nz/work-wi... and complete the Application for Employment Form and email the completed form along with a covering letter and CV to email@example.com quoting reference SJG-HASN-1116.
Applications close 5pm, 12 March 2021.