Where you’ll be working: Puawai Midland Regional Forensic Psychiatric Service
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight
We have a position available within the Prison team based at Clarence Street in Hamilton, who deliver forensic mental health care into the prisons within the Midland region
About the Prison role:
This is a great opportunity to become part of our progressive , dynamic, recovery focused Puawai Forensic Prison Mental Health Team at a time when there is going to be some major changes on how we provide services. There is going to be 100 bedded unit for mental health people out at Waikeria facility which is a new initiative and offers an opportunity to look at a whole new way of supporting service user/Tangata whaiora with recovery.
The OT, along with the multidisciplinary team, supports the service user/Tangata Whaiora to recover/engage in rehabilitation and take steps to return to living a successful and occupationally enriched life in their community.
Responsibilities of the role:
· Provide rehabilitation support for service users/Tangata Whaiora including living skills, facilitation of rehabilitation groups and sensory modulation
· Work within a multidisciplinary team to meet service-user/Tangata Whaiora goals
Required skills & experience:
· A current annual practicing certificate
· A current full drivers licence
· Commit to ongoing education and development
· Be a team player
· Must have experience working within the mental health sector
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Clindella Stirling, Charge Nurse Manager on 021 763 537.
Application closing date: 7 April 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
· Give and earn respect - Whakamana
· Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
· Fair play – Mauri Pai
· Growing the good – Whakapakari
· Stronger together – Kotahitanga