Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Porirua, Wellington
Service: Intensive Rehabilitation Regional Rehabilitation Service- Tane Mahuta
Contract: Permanent, Full Time. Monday - Friday
Tane Mahuta at Ratonga Rua O Porirua is part of the Mental Health Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service, (MHAIDS) 3 DHB which covers the central region from Tairawhiti on the East Coast across to Wanganui and south to Wellington and Wairarapa. It encompasses Central Regional Forensic inpatient and community services, Youth Forensic Service, Inpatient Rehabilitation and Extended Care Services, and Intellectual Disability Services. Located about 20 minutes away from central Wellington, in Porirua, the Regional Rehabilitation units provide consumers with specialised care with a focus on recovery and rehabilitation in both secure and open settings.
About the role
We are looking for an innovative and committed Occupational Therapist to join the Tane Mahuta inpatient team within the Regional Rehabilitation Service (RRS). RRS provides people with specialised care with a focus on recovery and rehabilitation in both secure and open settings. Tane Mahuta specialises in intensive rehabilitation in a 36 bed open inpatient setting with self-contained cottages adjacent to the main building. You will work collaboratively with the Multi-Disciplinary Team to support people as they transition from inpatient care to the community & will offer specialised assessment and treatment for people with enduring mental illness.
- Working within MHAIDS - actively reflect on work and practice; work in ways that enhance the team to support the recovery of service users.
- Work using a person/family centred care, using current evidence to assist people to achieve their optimum health.
- Demonstrate values consistent with those of the MHAIDS 3DHB and be committed to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
Skills & experience
- Degree in Occupational Therapy or relevant tertiary occupational therapy qualification.
- New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist and holder of current Annual Practicing Certificate.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
About our organisation
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Any queries please email Lucie.Terry@ccdhb.org.nz