Location: Porirua, Wellington
Contract: Permanent Full time
Service: Tawhirimatea - Regional Rehabilitation Inpatient Services
We are reviewing applications when received, please Apply Now...
About the role:
Tawhirimatea is 29 bed safe care facility which provides rehabilitation services to people within Te Korowai –Whariki’s Rehabilitation Service. This is a regional innovative supportive service which works alongside clients in supporting their journey of recovery using a multidisciplinary team approach.
This role provides an effective programme of meaningful activities to tangata whaiora/ consumers of Mental Health Services under the guidance of the Occupational Therapy Professional Leader, expert Occupational Therapist, Team Leader or their nominee
Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Occupational Therapy or relevant tertiary occupational therapy qualification
- New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist and holder of current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Ability to work within the Mental Health Act, CP(MIP) Act and any other legislative requirements
- Ability to transfer care plan goals to meaningful client centred interventions and activities
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement when making decisions
- Ability to adapt work practices to reflect the specialised level and type of care for the client group
- Working within MHAIDS you must actively reflect on your work and practice - work in ways that enhance the team to support the recovery of service users
- Ability to work using a person/family centred care, using current evidence to assist people to achieve their optimum health
- Demonstrate values consistent with those of the MHAIDS 3DHB and committed to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
About our organisation:
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals - Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua - as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
TheMental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB's and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region - greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
Te Korowai Whāriki is part of the Mental Health Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service, 3 DHB which covers the central region from Tairawhiti on the East Coast across to Wanganui and south to Wellington and Wairarapa. It encompasses Central Regional Forensic inpatient and community services, Youth Forensic service, Inpatient Rehabilitation and Extended Care Services, and Intellectual Disability services. Located about 20 minutes away from central Wellington, in Porirua, the Regional Rehabilitation units provide consumers with specialised care with a focus on recovery and rehabilitation in both secure and open settings.
This is a progressive service, committed to providing a culture of ongoing professional development for staff through regular clinical supervision, excellent professional development & recognition program, regular in-service training and support towards external education.
How to apply:
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online CCDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please email Rachel.Baker@mhaids.health.nz
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed