Where you’ll be working: Ward 41 and reintegration service, Mental Health and Addictions Service, Waikato Hospital
The details: Fixed term until July 2022 – 80 hours per fortnight (potential for part-time hours to be negotiated)
We are looking for an occupational therapist to become part of the acute team within the Adult Mental Health Inpatient Unit.
About the role
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team that provides a recovery and strengths based approach.
You will need to have a genuine interest in mental health issues, and the skills and abilities to work effectively with Tangata whaiora experiencing acute episodes of unwellness.
You will have a focus on enable people to live meaningful lives beyond the hospital, support tangata whaiora to identify and participate in social inclusive activities.
This role requires excellent assessment skills and experience of implementing interventions and group work which enhance the lives of our Tangata whaiora.
We are a recovery-focused service with a goal “to earn the reputation as a service people trust with their loved ones’ care”.
What we can offer you as part of our service:
• An opportunity to work within a supportive multidisciplinary team with a recovery focus
• Work with an experienced and specialised OT team
• Opportunities for individual and group work
• Encouragement of training and continuous professional development
• Active participation in the further development of the services
• Support and in-service training within the wider Mental Health and Addictions OT service.
• Current annual practicing certificate
• Current full drivers licence
• Knowledge and skills pertaining to sensory modulation would be an advantage, however this is not essential.
Please click here to view the position description.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Robyn.Payne@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 1 August 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga