- Pivotal member of the senior management team
- Management of three AoD services across Auckland
- Based in Mt Eden
The Salvation Army Bridge Services in Auckland exists to provide safe, integrated, high quality treatment and support services to people whose lives have been affected by alcohol or substance use. They provide residential and day services across three centres (Mount Eden, Manukau, and Waitakere). These services are known and recognised for being person-centred, caring, transformative and responsive. In addition, they operate three other subsidiary services – namely, a residential respite centre in Manurewa in partnership with another NGO (Ember), support services to the Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Court in central and west Auckland in partnership with Odyssey House and Higher Ground, and more recently a treatment readiness service in the Lima Unit at Mt Eden Correctional facility.
As a key member of the senior management team, the Operations Manager is responsible for the operational management of Auckland Bridge Services’. Accountabilities include input into strategic planning processes and implementation, budget monitoring, human resources management and line management of up to five direct reports. You will support an internal culture of continuous improvement and actively develop and maintain positive external relationships to promote the Service objectives and meet the goals of the annual Action Plan.
- Strong clinical knowledge and experience, with the ability to make sound clinical decisions
- Current registration of DAPAANZ, ANZASW or a professional body that meets the requirements of the HPCA Act is required
- Strong leadership capabilities with proven operational management of a clinical team
- Experienced in budgeting and project management within a health-based environment
- Understanding of recovery and recovery capital
- Relevant experience in working within the addictions field is preferred
- Resilient when faced with challenging situations
- A passion for providing and delivering a high level of customer service
- The ability to problem solve, use initiative and display sound judgement
- Very highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building capabilities, both internally and externally to the organisation
- Holds a full driver’s licence
- Understanding of, respect for, and the ability to work within The Salvation Army’s mission, principles, and Christian ethos
As the service operates 24/7, there is the requirement for the Operations Manager to be on-call, currently one week in five.
Applications will be actioned as they are received.
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
View the position description by copying this link into your browser: https://mclaren.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/TSA-PD-Operations-Manager-AKLD-Bridge-30.12.20.pdf