Since 1980, Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We do this in partnership with tāngata whai ora (people seeking wellness) and their whānau, working together to build the lives they want.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Operations team for a dynamic manager to lead our community-based services.
Reporting to the General Manager - Service Delivery, you will be an integral member of the Operations leadership team, working collaboratively to support our people to deliver the best possible care to as many tāngata whai ora as possible. Specifically, you will be responsible for supporting multi-disciplinary teams who work in partnership with other organisations to deliver a range of innovative community options for tāngata whai, including:
· Te Tahwarau Community Hub - delivering a range of services, groups, and activities in West Auckland.
· Odyssey’s Assessment and Admissions Team.
· Haven Drop-in Support Space at Merge Café in Central Auckland.
· Odyssey’s Peer Support Team, which works closely with our Residential Services.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· 3-5 years relevant leadership experience, including experience of managing services and high performing teams in the AOD/ Mental Health sectors or related.
· The ability to be flexible and think outside the box.
· Excellent relationship management and communication skills and experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders.
· A good understanding of the Peer Support Model.
· Ability to engage and motivate others.
· Knowledge of the Treaty of Waitangi and Te Reo Māori/Tikanga
· Flexibility and proven problem-solving skills
· Alignment with Odyssey’s ‘pillars’ or values – love, concern, honesty, responsibility and trust.
In return we offer:
· Dedicated staff who are passionate about their work
· The opportunity to utilise your varied talents and excellent operations and people management skills
· A competitive remuneration package and 22 days annual leave
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and cover letter and complete the online application forms. For further information about the role, you can contact Jenny Boyle on 027 440 8110.
Closing date: Tuesday, 8th June 2021
Please note that Police and MSD clearance checks will be required for this role.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.