- Full time position working 8:30am – 5pm, Monday - Friday
- Based in Hamilton
- A flexible working environment where care comes naturally
If you are a warm and supportive person with great planning, organisational and administrative skills, come and join our dynamic team. We are looking for someone to provide exceptional coordination and administrative support to the Te Pou and Blueprint for Learning whānau based in Hamilton.
Your ability to work across many projects, while continuing to provide the highest level of support is a must. You will be well recognised for your talent for effectively navigating uncertainty and moving at pace with changing priorities. The team you will mainly support are diverse, and work across a wide range of programmes in multiple locations.
There is also a strong focus on working and communicating effectively with co-workers and colleagues in other Wise Group entities, as well as external stakeholders.
The role will include, but is not limited to:
- travel coordination
- management of multiple email inboxes
- Zoom facilitation of online meetings and training sessions
- purchase order creation and receipting of invoices
- presentation preparation and coordination
- diary management for the executive leadership team (ELT) – as requested
- technology support across a variety of platforms
- facilities and event management.
You will have 3 - 5 years of experience working in a similar role. You will also have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, initiative, keen attention to detail, and the ability to assess and balance the needs and expectations of diverse stakeholders. You will be required to juggle many balls at once and prioritise accordingly. There may be the chance to step into other projects or programmes of work.
You will bring a genuine commitment to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and continuous improvement solutions that achieve equitable health outcomes for Māori.
Essential skills and experience
- Advanced administration skills.
- Understand the use of technology platforms in the exchange of data and information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent information technology skills, and experience using Microsoft Office 365 and Sharepoint, Zoom, Mailchimp and other software packages as required.
- Respond flexibly and supportively to requests for assistance based on agreed business objectives.
- Natural trouble-shooter who thrives on resolving challenges to find the best solution.
- Uses initiative, acts with confidence, and works under own direction in a systematic, methodical, and orderly way.
- Displays a passion for working with the sector to improve quality of life outcomes for people using mental health, addiction and disability services.
- An understanding of the Essential level of Let’s get real across the seven Real Skills.
About Te Pou
Te Pou is the national centre of workforce development for the New Zealand mental health, addiction and disability sectors. Blueprint for Learning is our partner learning and development organisation. We support organisations to implement policy, and plan and develop their workforce with practical resources, consultation and education.
Te Pou is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD), and the Human Rights Act as reflected in our Kanorau (diversity and inclusion) charter. We are committed to greater equity of access and outcomes for Māori, Pasifika and other population groups with a higher of risk mental health and addiction and poorer outcomes. The values outlined in Let’s get real are integral to our work.
In this role, you can look forward to flexible work arrangements, extra leave, subsidies for school holiday childcare and a great team around you in an organisation that believes in its purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a look at Te Pou? Then apply now.
Position Description: To view a full position description, please copy and paste the link below into your browser: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Operations-Support-Coordinator-Hamilton.pdf
Closing Date: Monday 11 October 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Contact: Moana McCabe, Executive Assistant – Administrative Team Lead, on 09 261 3442, if you have any questions.
For further information on Te Pou, please visit our website www.tepou.co.nz
The Wise Group are passionate supporters of our communities and vulnerable populations. We place a high value on the safety and wellbeing of our staff and the people we support. We endorse the Ministry of Health recommendation for vaccinations to protect us all against COVID-19. It is therefore our expectation that all new Wise Group employees are vaccinated.