Provide brief counselling and support to a wide range of tangata whaiora across Aotearoa
- Work from home but call centre options also available in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch
- Extremely supportive team environment
About the role
This role is dynamic and diverse and will see you working with a virtual collaborative, multidisciplinary team. You will work collaboratively with tangata whaiora to reduce distress due to a range of issues including anxiety, depression and other mood disorders, trauma, loneliness, relationship issues, alcohol and other drug use and problem gambling.
More specifically your role will involve the following:
- Brief telehealth counselling: assessment and support planning, helping people connect with local face to face services, and providing crisis support
- Accurately recording client information and writing brief clinical notes
- Working with regular tangata whaiora that have a specific support plan to guide your approach
- Using your counselling and support skills across different channels including phone, email, SMS, and online chat
- Participating in continuous improvement of quality and service developments
- Ensuring ethical, culturally sensitive service delivery for all tangata whaiora
- Bachelor's Degree or tertiary qualification in relevant field e.g. counselling, addictions, psychology, psychotherapy, social work
- Excellent communication skills and ability to quickly build rapport
- Ability to work with diverse people who have a range of support needs, a non-judgemental approach and you can express empathy effectively
- Enjoys using technology to communicate and can quickly transition from one support session to another
- Current Registration with a relevant professional body (DAAPANZ, NZAC) - ESSENTIAL - FULL Registration
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines - Need to talk 1737, Alcohol and Drug Helpline, Gambling Helpline - to provide 24/7 support online and over the phone.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with ongoing learning and development, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable leadership team. We value lived experience.
If you are ready to extend your positive impact on the lives and well - being of your fellow New Zealanders, we would love to hear from you!