Monday to Friday, FTE 1.00
Tui Ora is a holistic kaupapa Māori organisation, providing a range of wellbeing services to people in Taranaki. We employ passionate, professional people to fit with our whānau team culture. We value highly skilled, committed community focused individuals to support this kaupapa, and currently have an exciting new opportunity.
About the role:
In this role, you will work with community pathways, related to mental health disorders, including serious behaviour and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD).
Varying and challenging, this role recognises the need for support environments for whanau experiencing ageing as a natural process. Tui Ora cherishes our elders and their wellbeing.
We welcome applications from Registered Nurse with Rest Home experience, looking to utilise their knowledge and skills with whanau and Pāhake in our Community.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Qualified health professional, registered with a health or social service professional body
- Current practicing certificate
- Experience working in older persons health inclusive of early onset dementia and other psychological aged concerns.
- Existing networks within the Taranaki community
- Experience in applying Tikanga Maori as it applies in the roles
- A full NZ Driver Licence is essential
Tui Ora is committed to the application of the Children’s Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is not for Children's Workers as defined by the Act, however, safety checking for employment will be required for this role.
We offer (subject to eligibility criteria):
- Employment Assistance Programme
- 10 days annual sick leave
- Tui Ora day (one paid day each year to spend with whānau)
- Training and development opportunities
- A professional, fun and vibrant working environment.
How to Apply:
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via Tui Ora’s online process. Complete the online application through our website https://vacancies.tuiora.co.nz/Vacancy/VacancyList and upload a cover letter and CV.
You may also view a position description at this site. If you have not completed the online application and/or uploaded both these documents, your application will not be considered. For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
Applications Close: 15th April 2021 at 12.00pm