The Higher Ground Drug Rehabilitation Trust was established in Auckland in 1984 as a Charitable Trust and is overseen by a Board of Trustees. Higher Ground provides quality abstinence based treatment, within a therapeutic community for the severely dependent. We provide rehabilitation programmes that are based on 12 Step recovery principles.
Based in Te Atatu Peninsula, this is an exciting opportunity to join Higher Ground’s newest programme for pregnant women and new mothers. We are looking for someone who is passionate about working with pregnant women, new mothers, who are wanting to overcome severe dependency to alcohol and other drugs.
Your responsibilities will include providing effective individual and group counselling for substance dependant pregnant women and new mothers as well as the development of treatment plans & reviews.
Qualifications/Experience required for this position include:
- Level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Mental Health, Alcohol & Drug Studies, Psychotherapy, Psychology, Counselling, Social work etc.
- Current practising certificate with a professional body e.g. DAPAANZ or other HPCA registration,
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a relevant social work, mental health or alcohol and other drug service setting,
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working in this industry, who has a positive attitude, and is able to work as part of a team.
· Confidence in demonstrating a wide range of approaches that facilitate all of our client’s individual needs while in rehabilitation.
· High Level of verbal and written communication skills including basic counselling, negotiation and problem solving skills
· Ability to build and maintain therapeutic relationships
· Comfortable working with other health & Social service providers including Oranga Tamariki and other community based NGO’s
- Commitment to te reo Maori (me ona Tikanga) and a hands on Whanau approach to treatment
· Knowledge of Te Tiriti O Waitangi and practical ways to implement it within your work.
Candidates with a personal history of alcohol and other drug dependence are required to have a minimum of 2 years continuous abstinence.
Hours of work Monday – Friday 8am – 2pm
· Competitive starting salary rewarded
· Ongoing Professional Development
· External and Internal Supervision
Higher Ground is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police clearance checks will be required for this role. .
Please send your cover letter and CV by email to Carlene Clarke, HR Administrator: email@example.com