Haven is a joint venture delivered by Odyssey, Lifewise, and Mind & Body Services, and operates from Friday night to Sunday night inside the Merge Café on K Road. Haven staff are on hand to provide a safe drop in space, peer support and encourage hope for recovery. The team have a variety of lived experience including addiction, mental health challenges and homelessness.
We now have two exciting part time Peer Support Specialist roles available within this service. The two roles are 11 hours and 10.5 hours respectively and will be worked over the following days / times:
Friday: between 5.00pm - 9.00pm
Saturday: between 8.30am - 7.00pm
Sunday: between 8.30am - 6.00pm
Our ideal candidates will have:
- Lived experience and a recovery journey
- Completed relevant training e.g. DHB approved Peer Support training
- Knowledge/awareness of alcohol and other drug treatment and recovery principles
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and application of principles to this role
- Full current New Zealand driver’s licence
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary based on pay equity standards
- Professional and career development opportunities.
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Trina Tauvela on 021 578262.
Closing date: 1st April 2022
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.