We now have an exciting new opportunity for a Peer Support Specialist to join our E Ara E team of clinical, employment and peer support specialists in New Lynn. You will work in partnership with rangatahi (18-24 years of age) living with mental health and/or addiction issues and support them on their chosen work or study pathways.
The successful candidate will have:
- Lived experience as an alcohol or drug user and/or mental health concern
- An interest in working with rangatahi (young people)
- Experience of working in the social services, addictions and/or mental health sectors
- An understanding of and interest in Odyssey’s work
- Full current New Zealand driver’s licence
- DHB approved Peer Support specialist
- Mental Health Certificate Level 4 or 5 or equivalent or higher, and/or an Addictions Certificate (or prepared to work towards this with support of Odyssey)
- A completed personal WRAP plan
- Knowledge/awareness of Mental Health and Addition treatment and recovery principles
- Knowledge of potential community resources and support networks
- Experience working with young people within the social services, addictions and/or mental health sectors
In return, we offer:
- A competitive salary based on pay equity and 22 days annual leave
- A chance to take your career to the next level and utilise your peer support skills.
- The opportunity to grow a new service for rangatahi within the Auckland region.
E Ara E is based on the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model and uses a multidisciplinary, evidence-based approach to help empower rangatahi experiencing mild to moderate mental health challenges to take their next step. The service offers easily accessible community-based assessment and support to gain and maintain employment or training.
More about us:
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Trina Tauvela on 021 578262.
Closing date: 13th April 2022
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.