If you are an amazing person who wants to use your Lived Experience to inspire others in their journey to wellbeing, then keep reading!
Mind and Body provides values-based peer led services across Aotearoa. We use our own personal lived experience of mental distress and/or addiction challenges and recovery to nurture hope and personal power and to inspire the people that we support to move forward with their lives.
About the role:
You will be providing community-based Peer Support to people across the Auckland area. The role is a permanent fulltime position, working 40 hours per week. The role requires you to be flexible with the working hours but generally you will work between the hours of 8am - 8pm. Monday- Saturday.
The person we are looking for will;
- Have either a Certificate in Peer Support (Mental Health) (Level 4), Intentional Peer Support training (IPS), a Certificate in Health & Wellbeing or;
- Have proven ability to work effectively with peers from differing cultures, especially Maori and Pasifika
- Enjoy working with and supporting people
- The ability to facilitate groups of people
- Be positive and encouraging with a good sense of humour
- Have a willingness to undertake training
- Have experience of mental distress and/or addiction challenges and recovery
- Take active responsibility for monitoring and maintaining mental health
- Ability to role model how to move forward in a journey to wellbeing
- Be a critical reflective thinker
- Have effective time management skills and ability to manage competing demands and deadlines
- Hold a full NZ Drivers Licence
- Have a genuine passion to make a positive difference
What we offer;
- Opportunity for Career Progression
- On-going training opportunities
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Group supervision and co-reflection
If your interested in joining a team that provides services that are respected and promote the autonomy and self-determination of individuals and whānau, so that people, whanau and communities can flourish then apply online today
How to apply;
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details - This role will be advertised until filled.
If you are interested in joining an organisation who is passionate about making a positive difference in your community, we would love to hear from you. Apply today. Please include a half page introduction/biography about yourself and what you have learnt from your personal experience of mental distress or addiction challenges, and your journey to wellbeing? What value has it had in your life?
Join the Mind and Body whānau; we're inclusive and we celebrate diversity as an organisation.
Realising potential - Tautokohia te mana tangata