Peer Support Worker
Permanent, Full-Time Positions (40hours per week) rostered shifts
Based at Apollo Dr hub, Rosedale.
Pay Rate: $20.50ph - $25.50ph
Increase to $21.50ph - $27.00ph from 1st July 2021
(This role falls under Pay Equity Settlement for Mental Health Support Workers. Pay rate depends on qualification)
We are look for a Peer Support Worker to join our Reach Out Peer Support Service based in the Rodney Northshore Waitakere area. If you are looking for an exciting role where you can make a different using your own lived experience of mental distress and recovery, this might be the job for you!
WHO WE ARE:
As a respected not-for-profit, Ember – Korowai Takitini (https://ember.org.nz/), provides mental health, alcohol and other drug and intellectual disability support services throughout New Zealand’s north island.
Reach Out is a mobile service supporting people in their recovery from mental health issues.
We work in partnership with those accessing the service to explore ways that will facilitate individual recovery.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a Peer Support Worker you will build rapport and trust with those you will work with, to get the chance to collaboratively build a plan.
Role models a solid recovery demonstrating resilience, continuity and consistency.
Able to build strong relationships, and source resources in the local community
It’s about building relationships where new information and knowledge can emerge and where each person can start moving towards the life they choose.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Own personal experiences with mental health trauma and recovery
- Peer Employment Training (PET)
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word and Outlook
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships
- Communicates well with people of diverse backgrounds and ages
- Recovery Focused
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
- Current full New Zealand driver’s license
- Certificate of Health and Wellbeing or equivalent or working towards
- Cultural competency
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An allocated vehicle, mobile phone and laptop for work purposes.
- In return we will offer you meaningful work, the freedom and flexibility to maintain a work-life balance and great workplace and people to work with.
- Varied training opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Potential opportunities for internal transfers, secondments and to quickly increase your responsibilities.
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme that includes flu vaccinations, health checks and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
Want to ignite possibilities and work for an NGO at the forefront of mental health and addiction services? Then APPLY now– email your Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com before 12pm on Wednesday 30th June 2021
For more information about the job, please download the Job Description: https://ember.org.nz/careers/ or contact Ember HR on 09 523 2790.