Peer Support Workers – Rotorua Based
Residential Service, operating 24/7
Permanent, Full-time (40 hours per week), rostered shifts
Pay Rate: $21.50ph to $27.00ph Depending on qualification/certificate to meet pey equity
If you’re excited about working for a progressive organisation at the forefront of Mental Health and Addictions and want to be part of a vibrant culture Ember Korowai Takitini is for you.
Ember blends professional expertise and lived experience to offer a range of services and supports for anyone with mental health, addiction or intellectual disability needs. We desire a society that better understands and responds to mental distress, addiction, and intellectual disability.
Are you looking for an exciting role where you can make a difference using your personal lived experience of Mental Health/AOD and recovery?
If the answer is yes, then this might be the job for you!
Peer support is a challenging role, which requires tenacity, resilience and a sense of humour. It is also a rewarding role where you can use your own experience of mental health/addictions to make a difference in the lives of others. As a role model and peer, you will be inspiring hope through sharing your own story of recovery with those who are looking at moving towards different choices and options in their lives.
The role of Peer Support Worker will require of you to build a relationship with others based on a common experience of recovery from mental heath/addictions. You will be working with prodominalty male peers.
The relationship fosters mutual learning and growth and is strongly focused on supporting people to make positive changes in their lives.
- Certificate in Health and Wellbeing L4 or equivalent (or working towards it)
- Have lived experienced with Mental Health/AOD and are in recovery themselves and can act as a role model to others
- Full NZ drivers licence
- A client centred recovery focused approach
- The ability to work with whānau, other agencies and people from all different cultures
- The ability to make common sense decisions whilst also being able to think unconventionally and try new things.
- The skill to work with change, brings ideas, energy to drive positive changes within the sector.
- Have preferably completed Peer Employment Training (PET) and/or Intentional Peer Support training (IPS)
What we offer:
- Meaningful work, the freedom and flexibility to maintain a work-life balance and great workplace and people to work with.
- Varied training opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Potential opportunities for internal transfers, secondments and to quickly increase your responsibilities.
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme that includes flu vaccinations, health checks and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
Please submit all of the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from https://ember.org.nz/careers/
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge, and experience can you bring to this role?
For more information about the job, please download the Job Description: https://ember.org.nz/careers/ or contact Ember HR on 09 523 2790.