Peer Support Workers and Support Workers Wanted!
AKA Agents of Change - Kaimahi Āwhi Hau Ora Whakarerekētia
Turangi Lakes District Residential Rehabilitation Service, operating 24/7
Permanent, Full-time (40 hours per week), rostered shifts
Pay Rate: $21.50-$27.00p/h depending on qualification
“Ehara taku toa, I te toa takitahi engari I toa takitini” ‘My strength is not that of a single warrior but that of many.’
Wanting to work somewhere that truly values the incredible role you play in society?
Looking for a place where your ideas are sought, even the outside of the box ones – especially the outside of the box ones?
Longing to do the real mahi that makes real life changes rather than just talk about it?
Ko pai tēnēi mahi? Nau mai piki mai, haere mai! If the answer is yes, then this might be the job for you!
Ratonga Mahi - The Service
We’re absolutely over the moon to be opening a brand new Residential service in Turangi, Lakes region. We are currently looking for peer support workers who can bring their valuable lived experience of recovery to the service, as well as fantastic support workers who currently hold a level 4 health and wellbeing certificate (or acknowledged equivalent) or higher qualification. Everyone in our whanau must share our philosophy that anyone can improve their lives with the right mix of support, empathy and hard work.
Ko ngā pukenga kia eke ai koe i tēnei tūranga. In addition to the paper qualification we’re looking for those with:
- Kia Kotahitanga tatou – he tangata, he tangata, he tangata. Client-centered, recovery-focused approach. You must unwaveringly believe in people’s ability to progress no matter the obstacles.
- Koinga te mahi whānau, hapu, Iwi i nga wā katoa - A zest for working with whānau, other agencies and people from all different cultures.
- He pukenga ōhou ki te whakahonohono tāngata me te whakawhitiwhiti korero rerekē. Balance between having the ability to make common sense decisions whilst also being able to think unconventionally and try new things.
- He ngakau harikoa me āronga hātekēhi. A great sense of humor and likes to be in a quirky environment.
- Kahahihiri tōu mahi ora, mahi pai. Dynamic, loves change, brings ideas, energy to drive positive changes within the sector.
- Me taunakitanga. A full Driver’s License.
- He tino pai koe e mahi ana Roro hiko. Know your way around a computer and preferably Microsoft programmes
- Mātauranga hau ora Hinengaro, kaupapa Māori me nga tauira hohou rongo. Knowledge of mental health rehabilitation approaches (e.g. cognitive remediation, psychosocial rehabilitation).
Please submit all of the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday, 2nd September 2021 at 12:00pm
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from https://ember.org.nz/careers/
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge, and experience can you bring to this role?
For more information about the job, please download the Job Description: https://ember.org.nz/careers/ or contact Ember HR on 09 523 2790.