Are you passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of others?
Do you want to make a positive impact for tāngata whaiora and whānau?
Are you experienced in mental health and addictions?
Then this will be the opportunity for you! PGF Services is seeking an experienced contractor Counsellor to provide gambling harm counselling services in New Plymouth.
At PGF Services, we have a dynamic team environment that incorporates a holistic approach to minimising the harm caused by gambling. The organisation is funded to work with individuals, whānau, groups, and the community. We have the flexibility to support any counselling modality that promotes client engagement and motivation.
We are committed to delivering a mana enhancing service and the health, safety and wellbeing of all staff is important to us. We value the connections you have with your community and encourage people with diverse backgrounds to apply.
About the role
The successful contractor will be in private practice and be able to provide whānau support counselling services for those experiencing harm from the impacts of gambling and other co-existing issues.
- Completed qualification in a relevant field such as social work, counselling and/or addiction
- Membership to an appropriate governing body
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work cross-culturally and engage with diverse communities
- Effective and respectful communication skills
- Strong work ethic and high standards of record keeping
- An established counselling room/service
PGF Services will offer a competitive contract rate per session, along with orientation and training, and ongoing support to deliver gambling harm reduction interventions.
Please forward any questions or send your expressions of interest and a copy of your CV by 5.00 pm on 16 January 2021 to:
National Director PGF Services