- Great opportunity to utilise your Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) skills to develop skills in others
- Use your skills to provide specialised support to people we support with disabilities
- Based in Auckland, Penrose
Who we are | Ko wai matou?
HealthCare NZ provides a wide array of health and human services to people throughout New Zealand. Since 1988 we have been caring, supporting and empowering people in need to live independently, safely and well in their community as well as in specialized treatment settings. We help people gain access to needed services, ensuring they receive vital services, are safe, well-cared for and live as independently as possible.
About the role | He korero whakamarama mo tenei turanga
As the Positive Behaviour Support Planner, you will provide specialised support to people we support with disabilities and their family/whānau, promoting their independence through developing and maintaining positive behaviour. You will provide training and coaching to Support Workers around Positive Behaviour Support (PBS), ultimately promoting an improved quality of life for those we support.
This role will also be a great opportunity for a Psychology post graduate who wants to pursue a career in Positive Behaviour Support (PBS), we will support the right candidate to undergo BILD PBS training to obtain certification.
What you will bring | Nga tohungatanga mo tenei turanga
- Strong experience working in a disability service delivery/operations role, preferably within an intensive needs support service
- Experience working with those who display challenging behaviour which includes intellectual disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder(FASD),etc.
- Previous knowledge and training on Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) principles preferable, but for the right candidate we will support you to undergo BILD PBS training
- Passion and expertise for working collaboratively and developing skills in others
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, and highly developed emotional intelligence
- A full, clean NZ drivers license
Why Us | He aha ai matou?
At HealthCare NZ, we're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity, reflecting the communities we serve. If you would like to work in a role that is br oth rewarding and challenging and would like to make a difference, then we would like to hear from you!
Applications Close | Te katinga o enei whai turanga: 30 April 2021 at 5pm, interviews might take place prior to applications closing.
Please apply via our website including a CV and cover letter.
All applicants must be a NZ Resident/ Citizen or have a valid NZ work permit.