We now have an opportunity for a full-time permanent Practitioner to join our energetic and friendly team to work rostered shifts at our Adult residential facility located on a six-acre park-like site in New Windsor, West Auckland.
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary based on our recently increased remuneration bands
- 22 days annual leave
- Paid meal breaks
- 5 days paid study leave per annum
- Professional challenges and varied work that supports the community
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do
- A healthy workplace, which is smoke free
We are seeking candidates who have:
- A relevant Social or Health related degree qualification
- Registration with DAPAANZ as a competent alcohol and other drug practitioner, or the ability to become registered in a reasonable timeframe
- Ideally, previous practical experience working in the addictions field
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) method of treatment
- Willing to work rostered shifts including one weekend day
- A sense of humour and a flexible 'can do' approach
- A full NZ driver’s license
If you are practical, results driven, can problem solve and can relate well to people and can use a combination of life skills and work-related experience then this could be the job for you.
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Phoebe Van Donselaar on 021578262
Closing date: Wednesday 26 January 2022
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.