Do you want to be part of a ground-breaking programme that seeks to tackle addiction based on the principle that what works for Māori works for all?
We have a vacancy for a full-time Practitioner / Kaiwhakamahereroa Waranga, working in our Te Ngāhere, Intensive Treatment Programme at Auckland Region Women’s Correctional Facility in Wiri.
You will be part of a supportive, multi-disciplinary team, delivering eight-week therapeutic Alcohol and other Drug (AOD) programmes that are grounded in Māori and Pasifika approaches. Your role will include assessment and delivery of individual and group interventions and aftercare support.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant (level 7) qualification e.g. Bachelors in Social Work, Health Science, AOD, Psychology or Counselling
- Up to 1 year’s relevant experience working in the health, addictions/mental health sectors (experience working in a corrections environment would be an advantage)
- Registered or working towards professional registration e.g. with DAPAANZ, Social Work
- Motivational Interviewing experience
- Skills in delivering services within a Māori and Pasifika framework, including group delivery and individual interventions.
- Report writing skills and computer proficiency
- Strong time management and administrative skills
- The ability to work autonomously where required
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary and benefits, including 22 days annual leave and 5 days study leave per annum
- An annual ‘location’ allowance
- Professional development opportunities
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do
More about us:
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
To apply, please include your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Phoebe Van Donselaar on 021 578262.
Closing date: Wednesday, 2 February 2022
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.