We are currently seeking a full-time permanent Addiction Practitioner with aftercare responsibilities to join the team at Auckland Prison in Paremoremo, delivering 6 month therapeutic programmes for up to 40 men and aftercare support
Your role will include assessing clients, developing treatment plans, preparing NZ Parole Board reports and ensuring effective delivery of 1-2-1 and group interventions. You will also engage and provide professional aftercare clinical services to programme and community clients / tangata whaiora in order to support treatment gains.
This position will consist of 24 hours working in Drug Treatment Program (treatment phase) as well as 16 hours working in our aftercare service (maintenance phase). Working as an aftercare practitioner, you will be delivering 1-1 and group interventions within Auckland Prison and in the community to support tangata whai ora in the maintenance phase of their recovery journey
We can offer you:
· A competitive salary
· A Weekly transport allowance
· 22 days annual leave
· 5 days paid study leave per annum
· Learning and development opportunities
· Varied work that supports the community
· A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what we do
· A healthy workplace, which is smoke free
Do you have:
· A relevant degree level qualification in Alcohol and other drugs (AOD), social work or mental health
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) Model
· Be registered to a professional body or be willing and eligible to be registered
· Skills in group delivery and individual interventions
· Motivational Interviewing experience
· Experience working in the AOD/mental health field
· Excellent clinical judgement and strong clinical boundaries
· A good level of understanding of tikanga Maori and its importance within this setting
· Report writing skills and computer proficiency
· An understanding of working in a correctional environment
· A strong ability to complete informative and up to date records
· The ability to work autonomously where required
Odyssey has celebrated over 30 years of supporting people to change their lives. We deliver high quality, comprehensive services for people with addiction to alcohol and other drugs and/or gambling. We offer a diverse range of programmes and services across several population centres including Auckland, Whangarei and the Waikato region.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note: to work in the Corrections environment applicants will be required to pass the Ministry of Justice clearance checks, as well as Police and Ministry of Social Development checks.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Ursula Mochocka on 09 623 1447 ext. 727.
Closing date: Wednesday, 7 July 2021