Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
We create hopeful and safe spaces for change with opportunities to reflect; learn and connect so that people can move towards a brighter future
We now have an opportunity for a full-time permanent Addiction Practitioner to join an energetic and friendly team at our Family Centre residential facility located on a six acre park-like site in New Windsor (West Auckland).
We are seeking candidates who have:
· A relevant Social or Health related degree qualification
· Registration with DAPAANZ as a competent alcohol and other drug practitioner, or the ability to become registered in a reasonable timeframe
· Ideally previous practical experience working in the addictions field
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) method of treatment
· Willing to work rostered shifts including one weekend day
· A sense of humour and a flexible 'can do' approach
· A full NZ driver’s license
In return, we offer:
· A competitive salary and benefits
· Professional challenges and varied work that supports the community
· A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do
· Paid meal and rest breaks
· 22 days annual leave
· 5 days paid study leave per annum
If you are practical, results driven, can problem solve and can relate well to people and can use a combination of life skills and work-related experience then this could be the job for you.
Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
To apply, please include a CV, cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire form which can be found under your individual Odyssey recruitment profile. Please note that for applicants applying via SEEK an email will be sent to you with a link to access this individual profile. For all enquiries, please contact Ursula Mochocka on 09 623 1447 ext. 727.
Closing date: Monday, 26th July 2021