We are currently seeking a permanent full-time Addiction Practitioner to join the team at Spring Hill Prison, delivering 6-month therapeutic programmes and aftercare support for up to 40 men. This role will include assessing clients, developing treatment plans, preparing NZ Parole Board reports and ensuring effective delivery of 1-2-1 and group interventions.
We can offer you:
• A competitive salary based on our increased remuneration bands
• Location allowance for working in a corrections-based environment
• Weekly transport allowance
• Learning and development opportunities
• Varied work that supports the community
• A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what we do
• A healthy workplace, which is smoke free
Do you have:
• Relevant degree level qualification in Alcohol and other drugs (AOD), social work or mental health
• A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) Model
• Be registered to a professional body or be willing and eligible to be registered
• Skills in group delivery and individual interventions
• Motivational Interviewing experience
• Experience working in the AOD/mental health field
• Excellent clinical judgement and strong clinical boundaries
• A high level of understanding of tikanga Maori and its importance within this setting
• Report writing skills and computer proficiency
• An understanding of working in a correctional environment
• A strong ability to complete informative and up to date records
Odyssey has celebrated over 30 years of supporting people to change their lives. We deliver high quality, comprehensive services for people with addiction to alcohol and other drugs and/or gambling. We offer a diverse range of programmes and services across a number of population centres including Auckland, Whangarei and the Waikato region.
Please note: to work in the Corrections environment applicants will be required to pass the Ministry of Justice clearance checks, as well as Police and Ministry of Social Development checks.
Closing date: Thursday, 16 September 2021