Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by addiction and/ or mental health challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
We now have an exciting new opportunity for a mental health and addictions Practitioner to join a new service called Take Charge, which is being launched by Odyssey in May 2021 in partnership with the Ministry of Social Development.
Comprising a team of clinical staff, employment specialists and peer support specialists – you will be working in partnership with rangatahi aged 18 to 24 years with mental health and/or addiction issues, with the aim of supporting them into work or study by developing effective assessment and treatment strategies.
Take Charge is an approach based on the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model. IPS is an evidenced based approach that supports people who experience mild to moderate mental illness – offering easily accessible community-based assessment and support to gain and maintain employment or training. The service will be aiming to help empower rangatahi to take their next step by using a multidisciplinary approach.
The successful candidate will have:
· Has or is working towards a level seven (degree level) qualification in a relevant social service and/or youth area
· Registration with a relevant professional body e.g. DAPAANZ, HPCA or Social Work or a commitment to gaining registration.
· Ability to identify cognitive and behavioural patterns and understanding of mental health issues
· Experience of working in the social services, addictions and/or mental health sectors
· Experience and expertise in using Microsoft suite applications
· Understanding of and interest in Odyssey’s work
· Full Current New Zealand Drivers Licence
In return we can offer you:
· A competitive salary & 22 days annual leave
· To be part of growing a new service for rangatahi within the Auckland region.
· To take your career to the next level and utilize your skills and experience
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application form on Odyssey’s website. For all enquiries please contact Ursula Mochocka in the first instance on 09 623 1447 ext. 727.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
Closing date: Friday 2nd April 2021 at 4.00pm
To apply for this role please click on this link: https://odyssey.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/Practitioner-1042040