Pre-Employment and Placement Facilitator
Permanent, Full-Time (40 hours a week) positions available. Monday to Friday.
to cover: Otahuhu, Otara and Tamaki areas.
Our Office hub is in Huia Road, Otahuhu
Pay: $21.50 - $27.00 ph.
This service falls under pay equity for community support services in NZ.
Pay is dependent on qualification.
The position comes with a vehicle for work use, laptop and mobile phone for work purposes
An amazing vocational opportunity for you to use your passion and enthusiasm to make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders!
Ember Korowai Takitini blends professional expertise and lived experience to offer a range of services and supports for anyone with mental health, addiction or intellectual disability needs
At Ember we support people to live the lives they choose and we challenge the systems that hold them back.
We desire a society that better understands and responds to mental distress, addiction and intellectual disability.
We deliver community based mental health, wellbeing and intellectual disability services in the greater Auckland and Northland region.
This is an opportunity to be part of a vibrant new service that provides
- Pre-employment skill development through a series of workshops with
- Reinforced learning through individualised one to support
- Support to gain and remain in employment for people experiencing health conditions, injury or disability.
We offer a demanding, yet exciting work environment with ongoing training and supervision. Our team is supportive, experienced, and committed to meeting contractual requirements.
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Facilitating a series of pre-employment workshops which are reinforced through individualised one to one support.
- Supporting clients into employment of their choice
- Assisting clients to develop an up-to-date CV, completing job applications and interview confidence
- Ongoing support for clients in employment
- Building the ‘right relationships’ with employers
- Assisting clients to recognise and maximise their strengths
- Liaising with Work and Income, Health Services and other support people
- Assisting clients to work towards their recovery goals and develop their career plans
- A team player
- Able to effectively build and maintain relationships
- Communicate well with people of diverse backgrounds and ages
- Thrive on achieving targets
- Able to mentor and support job seekers
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word and Outlook
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Eligible to work in New Zealand
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence
- Experience of working in Employment Support or related role e.g. Work and Income, Careers Advice, Benefits
- Group facilitation skills
- Previous experience in the disability, youth, residential and/or mental health sector(s)
- A relevant/transferrable tertiary qualification – Preferably Level 4 Equivalent
What we offer:
- At Ember we value our employees and therefore offer a range of benefits as well as the resources required to ensure you are able to perform at your best;
- The freedom and flexibility to maintain a work-life balance
- A personal commuter use vehicle, mobile phone and laptop for work purposes
- Varied training opportunities for personal and professional growth including support to undergo qualifications (where appropriate) as well as support for professional memberships (where applicable)
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme that includes flu vaccinations, diabetes checks and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Staff benefits card with discounts on a large range of quality products and services
- 10 days sick leave per anniversary year
- 5 days study leave per anniversary year
- 2 recreation days per anniversary year
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday, 17th August 2021 at 12:00pm
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from https://ember.org.nz/careers/
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Ember website: https://ember.org.nz/careers/
For more information about this job, please contact: Vinesh Govind, Team Manager of Ember Employment on 09 523 2790 or 021 976 525