Location: 3DHB- Porirua, Wellington, Lower Hutt
Contract: Permanent/part time .5fte
Service: Mental Health, Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service (MGAIDS)
About the role
This position is responsible for delivering professional leadership for Social Work across all MHAIDS services, inclusive of hospital, outpatient and community services. It entails the development and monitoring of clinical assurance activities for Social Work such as facilitating consistent standards of practice, ensuring effective use of evidence based, safe and competent practice and supporting managers across services on issues related to Social Work.
You will also provide advice on organisational and workforce priorities where the role of the Social Work workforce and aligned models of care would enhance the delivery of effective health services for our population.
This role works collaboratively with other Professional Leaders, Managers and other related positions across the 3 DHBs and the wider health system to support and develop opportunities for interprofessional team work and greater integration of health services.
It is envisaged this position will enable enhanced clinical support for social work staff to facilitate consistency of practice and standards, be part of service delivery / model of care discussions and overall create a greater visibility for the profession.
The Professional Leader Social Work will provide specialist advice on specified workforce priorities that will enhance the delivery of effective health services to our population and will provide professional leadership to Social Workers and be responsible for assisting the Director of Allied Health with credentialing, supervision and performance appraisals of all Social Workers within his/her Operational area.
Skills & Experience
- Has held a senior clinical role in the profession, preferably in the Mental Health, Addictions and Intellectual Disability Sector
- Extensive knowledge and perspective of Mental Health, Addictions &/or Intellectual Disability service delivery
- Operated within a complex environment, including meeting the needs of multiple competing demands at the same time
- Demonstrated leadership skills, or potential: experience of leading, motivating and developing others
- Experience in collaborative inter-professional practice
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, other health services including the differing paradigms in which they deliver health services
- Demonstration of research and practice development
Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service MHAIDS spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAID services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa. Te Korowai Whariki services include regional forensic and rehabilitation services covering the Central region while the intellectual disability services extend the length and breadth of the country from six bases located in Whangarei, Auckland, Cambridge, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin.
How to apply:
Please click the ‘Apply Now' button. We will be reviewing applications as they come through. Ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please email Trish.Chivers@huttvalleydhb.org.nz