- Part-time position, 20 hours per week
- Based in Ellerslie, Auckland
- Do you want to be a part of ending homelessness in Auckland?
About Housing First Auckland
Housing First Auckland is a collective of six organisations working together to end homelessness in Auckland so that it is rare, brief and non-recurring. We take a Collective Impact approach: aiming to achieve social and structural changes by working collectively and collaboratively.
An important part of this approach is ensuring the organisations in the collective are supported by a strong backbone team. The backbone team sits within the Wise Group and provides infrastructure and resources, including programme coordination, for Housing First Auckland’s shared model approach.
This is a part-time position working 20 hours per week from our Ellerslie office. The 20 hours are to be worked within office hours, but the days of the week can be negotiated with the right candidate.
We are looking for a programme coordinator to join our team to work closely with colleagues from the collective to drive key initiatives aimed at building a systems approach to ending homelessness.
As a programme coordinator you will support the delivery of the Housing First Auckland Collective backbone workplan to ensure that the collective delivers on its priorities. You will be working with multiple stakeholders from a range of organisations and sectors, so you’ll have exceptional interpersonal skills. You’ll bring to the role proven project skills and the ability to organize yourself and others to keep programme work on track. You’ll support with communication, meetings and events and be confident working with digital tools and systems. More than anything, you’ll be prepared to roll up your sleeves, along with the rest of the team, and do what needs to be done to ensure Housing First is a success for the people we serve.
You’ll be able to priotise according to need, remain calm under pressure and be able to navigate multiple relationships.
You’ll also have:
- Proven successful programme/project coordination skills, including project planning, monitoring and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in administration, supporting senior management, diary and file management
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, intranet and website content management and media monitoring tools.
- Be digitally-savvy, supporting management of multiple social media and online platforms.
You might also have (preferred):
- Tertiary qualification at National Certificate or above relevant to business support functions
- Knowledge of the New Zealand social and homelessness sector, in particular the non-government and community sector
- Understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
In this role, you can look forward to working in a great team and organisation that believes in its purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment, with generous leave allowances, where life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
To view a full position description: please copy and paste the following link into your browser: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/HFA-Programme-coordinator.pdf
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 22 May 2021. Please note, this job may close early if a suitable candidate is found.
Contact: Tracey Moore, Programme Manager on 027 237 8387
Housing First Auckland backbone is supported by Wise Management Services, part of the Wise Group. For further information, visit our websites www.housingfirst.co.nz and www.wisegroup.co.nz.
**All new appointees require background checking. Under the requirements of the Vulnerable Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process