- Permanent Contract, full-time (40 hours per week)
- Monday – Friday 8:00/8:30am to 4:30/5pm.
- Pay Equity: $21.84ph - $27.43ph (depending on qualification held and its equivalence to the Certificate in Health and Wellbeing L4)
- Based in our Otahuhu Hub – while the real work happens Auckland wide
Ember Korowai Takitini:
We provide innovative, person-centred solutions for people experiencing mental distress, addiction issues and people with intellectual disabilities. We support people to live the lives they choose, and we challenge the systems that hold them back.
By investing in our employees, we aim to grow our own leaders.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and embrace diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all.
- Offers additional leave – Recreation days, study leave
- Provides a comprehensive Health & Wellbeing programme, including health checks, flu vaccinations and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and more
- Provides training opportunities for upskilling, personal & professional development, and career progression.
Personal Focus is a well-established part of Ember Services Limited that delivers community based mental health programmes in the Auckland region. Providing a variety of skills-based programmes that promote life skills, community integration and preparation for employment.
The focus of our work is on the strengths of individuals which allow them to establish achievable goals that meet their needs and aspirations.
We are seeking an energetic and innovative Facilitator to work with individuals to fulfil identified needs that would encourage citizenship through meaningful community engagement, education, employment, natural supportive relationships, including family and friends, and health and wellness. This will be carried out through one-on-one and/or group facilitation following a Strengths Assessment and development of Personal Goal Plans. Client base and where the work is done will predominantly be in areas from the Northshore up to Warkworth.
- Needs may include:
- The development of interpersonal skills that improve his/her quality of life
- Access to further study
- Employment preparation
- Engagement within their local community and activities of choice
- have/are working towards a Certificate in Health and Wellbeing L4 or equivalent
- hold a valid/current work visa, residency, or citizenship
- be fully Covid vaccinated with 1st & 2nd and a booster vaccination in compliance with the mandate for the health sector.
- Have a current and full New Zealand
- Use your initiative and be able to work autonomously with a high level of accountability
- Be able to work as part of a diverse team, with excellent communication.
- Effectively build and maintain relationships
- Have the experience to manage a case load and have a creative knack to problem-solve
A Job Description can be downloaded from www.ember.org.nz/careers
To apply please submit the following to: email@example.com
1. Updated CV/Resume
2. Cover Letter - detailing the following:
a. Why you’re interested in the role?
b. What skills, knowledge, competencies, and experience to you bring to the role?
c. Ember’s application form – located on www.ember.org.nz/careers