- Flexible to be based anywhere in New Zealand. Palmerston North or Wellington would be preferred.
- 20 hours per week but flexible to offer full time and be part of wider organisational projects.
- Contractor, or 3 years Fixed-Term with the possibility to extend.
We have an exciting and rewarding Programme Lead Psychologist - Intensive Support Service opportunity to provide clinical rigour and specialist support, advice, consultation and coaching to managers and teams to ensure services delivered by Choices NZ are in line with best practice and clinical reasoning. Working closely with people with an intellectual disability and their whanau, you will build on their capability and confidence to engage with appropriate services for their needs.
- Current registration with the NZ Psychologists Board
- Experience working with people with an ASD/ID and/or Mental Health
- Exceptional experience and understanding of Positive Behaviour Support
- Experience in translating clinical requirements for application by non-clinical positions
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and successful partnerships with support staff, clinicians, specialists and other staff
- Developed networks among mental health, other specialists and health professionals
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and autonomously
- Previous experience in developing and delivering training
- Ability to lead and support others and provide clear advice
- Willingness to travel nationally, including Palmerston North
- Full NZ Drivers Licence
- Rewarding opportunity to work for a meaningful cause with an established not-for-profit organisation that provides support services to people with intellectual disabilities
- A collaborative and inclusive culture with a focus on our people's wellbeing
- Warm and welcoming team environment with approachable and supportive management
- Employee benefits including attractive discounts with leading retailers/fitness centres and eyecare
About Choices NZ
Choices NZ facilitates flexible support relationships and access to community services to help people with disabilities and health-related conditions achieve their goals.
We provide a range of services, including employment, the transition from education, learning new things and becoming an active part of the local community.
Choices NZ is a proud member of the IHC Group. The IHC Group is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, committed to supporting people with intellectual disabilities to lead satisfying lives in the community and to providing housing and tenancy services to people in need.
Please select the 'Apply' Button to submit an online application.
For a confidential conversation regarding this role, please contact Rickardt Van Dyk (National Senior Psychologist) on 027 303 3089.