Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
We create hopeful and safe spaces for change with opportunities to reflect; learn and connect so that people can move towards a brighter future.
Odyssey is now seeking a contract for service Psychiatrist to make a positive difference for our Te Wairua (co-existing disorder) clients and whanau, through:
- Working with clients who experience co-existing mental health and addiction issues from DHB clinical services, self or whanau, corrections or justice system referrals
- Working alongside a passionate team of individuals in a home like residential setting
- Provision of services, such as initial psychiatric assessment/overview of new clients, medication management including regular review, one off consults and regular reviews of clients
- Collaborating with our registered nurses and the Te Wairua team
- Liaison with DHB psychiatrists as necessary
This open (no end date) contracting role involves supporting services in our Royal Oak and Counties Manukau residential services and involves ideally a minimum of one and a half days per week (12 hours) with flexibility in regard to the hours and days of work.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this unique and meaningful role with those that are interested.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity and smoke free organization. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks and a current practicing certificate will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Sharlene Wong on 021 806 927.
Closing date: Friday 9th April 2021