Psychosocial Professional Family & Sexual Harm (Overnights) · Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch, or Work from Home
We need compassionate Advisors to support Kiwis and whānau experiencing family and sexual harm.
- An exciting opportunity to work within the Homecare Medical Family and Sexual Harm team
- The position provides learning and development programmes alongside guidance and coaching
The Psychosocial Professional role provides advice and support to service users and their whānau accessing support. Lines are operational 7 days a week, including Public Holidays. You will work overnights (11pm - 7am). We offer base rates plus additional penal rates for overnight work.
Applications for Full-time or Part-time work are welcomed.
Your role will involve the following aspects:
- Risk assessment followed by appropriate safety planning and referrals
- Providing non-judgemental support and psycho-education within the context of family and sexual harm
- Engaging with callers using multiple communication channels such as phone, email, SMS and online chat
- Supporting callers when they are experiencing a high-risk situation
- Communicating with external agencies (including emergency services)
- Accurate documentation of notes and relevant information on various databases
- Supporting other team members in the Family and Sexual Harm Team during risk calls / risk engagements and providing de-briefing support where needed
- Participating in quality improvement and service developments to ensure effective and safe service delivery
- Supporting the Family and Sexual Harm team and providing overflow support as required
- Required to be able to answer calls, emails, SMS and online chatfor our other Family and Sexual harm services
- Completed qualification in relevant field e.g. social work, psychology, counselling, addictions, nursing, psychotherapy, occupational therapy
- Registration a with professional bodies: psychology, nursing, occupational therapy must be registered with their appropriate Council or Board
- New Zealand Psychologists Board . Nursing Council of New Zealand . Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand.
- For Safe to Talk - Five plus years' experience in a Trauma, Sexual Violence and Mental Health role
- A sound understanding of Family Violence and Sexual Harm
- Knowledge of the Power and Control Wheel and the impact of abuse
- Able to identify risk and develop safety plans
- An understanding of the following court orders and processes, e.g. protection orders, police safety orders, parenting orders and trespass notices
- Excellent computer and administrative skills as you are required to multi-task efficiently and manage multiple channels of communication
- Required to pass relevant NZ Police vetting as per the Children's Act 2014
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with on-going learning and development, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable leadership team.
If you are ready to have a positive impact on the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders, we would love to hear from you!
Roles available in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch office, or Work from Home anywhere in Aotearoa/New Zealand.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on the week commencing 22nd March 2021