- Be part of the leadership team for this essential community telehealth service
- Combine your professional counselling and leadership skills
- Work from home or any of our Call Centres (Auckland/Wellington/Christchurch)
What is our Puāwaitanga Service?
Puāwaitanga means to blossom, to flourish, to break through and is a phone and web-based service to support Kiwis to improve their emotional well-being - their hauora. Puawaitanga has partnered with various organisations throughout Aotearoa (including PHO, tertiary education providers and MSD) to offer brief intervention counselling support through a virtual means. Referrals are received through these partner organisations
Clients are encouraged to choose from our team of clinicians who they would most like to work alongside. Across the Puawaitanga team, sessions are offered Monday - Sunday between 9am and 9pm.
Clients can speak to counsellors about any issues, some of which might be low mood, anxiety, grief, addictions, relationship issues and low self-esteem. The client and counsellor will work together to identify main concerns and a pathway to increase well-being. This is typically completed over five sessions.
About the role - Atu mo te mahi
The People Leader - Puāwaitanga is responsible for a mix of both contract clinicians and employed clinicians. All clinicians in the team are registered with their appropriate registered body in New Zealand.
The People Leader is responsible for ensuring their team members are keeping within the key performance indicator parameters, the appropriate regulatory codes of conduct and practice, and within ethical, legislative and Whakarongorau Aotearoa's processes and practices
Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure your team members are adequately coached and trained to deliver effective clinical practice and user experience. Deal with performance issues proactively so that all team members consistently deliver to or exceed expected results
- Ensure your team is focused on performance across the key performance indicators
- Build and encourage constructive relationships across the organisation
- Take responsibility for your team's understanding of operational and clinical processes which are in place to protect them Whakarongorau Aotearoa and service users
- Undertake on-call Duty Manager duties for clinical support and debriefing escalation
About you - Pehea koe
- Qualification in a relevant field e.g., counselling, addictions, social work, psychology, psychotherapy
- Full registration with a relevant professional body in New Zealand
- Indepth experience working in a Mental Health and Addictions role
- Sound risk assessment and management skills
- Ideally, experience within telehealth or eTherapy setting
- Ideally, experience within an appointment based therapeutic setting
- Some management/supervisory experience
- Able to navigate, support, follow and lead change management initiatives
- Confident with technology
- Proven ability to lead process and service delivery improvement
About us - Ko wai hoki
Whakarongorau Aotearoa are privileged to of running free to the public, virtual health, mental health, and social services the people of Aotearoa New Zealand.
We do this 24 hours a day, seven days a week across seven digital channels. We manage inbound and outbound call centres in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch as well as remote teams working from their homes across the country.
We want to give everyone in Aotearoa the opportunity for wellness. We focus on the connected world of digital care, where we can help join all the dots, and select the right services, advice, support and help for the right need.
We use our healthy imagination to solve big problems by understanding the tiny ways that people are blocked from getting the care they deserve. Our imagination comes from our people and our partners and their drive to never give up.
Our values - Ō Tātou Uara
Our ambition is to virtually support people of Aotearoa New Zealand to stay well and connect them seamlessly with care when they need it.
Our values underpin all we do, and how we do it:
- Do the right thing - Mahia te mea tika
- Motivated by quality - Hihiri e te kounga
- Passion for better - Ngākau nui ki te pai ake
- Shoulder to shoulder - Pokohiwi ki Pokohiwi
Applications and Expressions of Interest are now open - submit your application today via the link below and our team will be in contact with you!