Qualified Mental Health Professional
Harm Reduction Dual Diagnosis Residential Service
Permanent, Full-time (40 hours a week) on rostered shifts.
This residential service operates 24 hours, 7 days a week, based in West Auckland
If you’re excited about working for a progressive organisation at the forefront of Mental Health and Addictions and want to be part of a vibrant culture Ember Korowai Takitini is for you.
Ember blends professional expertise and lived experience to offer a range of services and supports for anyone with mental health, addiction or intellectual disability needs. We desire a society that better understands and responds to mental distress, addiction, and intellectual disability.
Do you want to work in a cutting edge service, the only harm reduction residential service in New Zealand? Are you up for the challenge of working in a new collaborative way with people with mental health and addiction issues? Do you have ideas and values that maybe aren’t appreciated by your current service? Then do we have the perfect role for you!
The successful candidate will be working at our residential facility based in West Auckland. The service employs both clinical and support workers who collaborate with the residents to help them recover from mental health and addiction issues.
This exciting role involves using your clinical expertise to inspire and guide residents to achieve their recovery goals, and to support the rest of the team with their mahi. You will do 1:1 sessions, run groups, coach staff, liaise with external stakeholders and be part of developing and running a Therapeutic Community model.
The candidate must have:
- Degree and Registration (or provisional registration) in Addictions or Mental Health, i.e. Nursing, Social Work, Counselling, OT or Psychology
- Clinical assessment skills
- Clinical practice skills
- Group facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to work from a bicultural perspective
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Valid current work visa, residency or citizenship.
- A clean NZ driving licence
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working in the area of mental health and/or AOD
- Be a clear and effective communicator
- Have emotional maturity and be respectful
- Be positive and encouraging with a good sense of humour.
- Hang in there when the going gets tough.
- Value working with clients and their whānau
- Have an open and engaging manner
- Have an eye for detail and a focus on quality
- Be professional and have good boundaries and ethics
Ember is an Essential Service, as part of this role, you will be required to be vaccinated or agree to do so.
Ember Korowai Takitini is a values based, innovative, maybe even slightly quirky environment. We will do our very best to give you the right balance of freedom, support, development, encouragement and aroha.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Lucille Martin, Team Manager, on 027 700 4762
Closing Date: This position will be advertised until filled
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Ember website: https://ember.org.nz/careers/
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from https://ember.org.nz/careers/
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?