- Help make a difference in the lives of others, and minimise harm from gambling
- Full time position, 40 hours per week
- Based in Mt Wellington, Auckland
For almost three decades, The Salvation Army Oasis has helped to reduce the harm from gambling in the communities of New Zealand. Oasis is a free and confidential service, which is delivered by a team of passionate and qualified health professionals, who seek to support and empower individuals, whānau and communities to develop healthy and fulfilling lives, free from gambling harm.
As the Receptionist / Administrator, you will be the first point of contact for gambling affected people, their whānau and families, and provide administrative support to the Oasis Team Leader and wider team as well as general office management duties.
Your ability to be adaptable, multitask, use your initiative, communicate effectively as well as being able to demonstrate good judgment and sound decision making will be the true measure of how successful you will be in this role.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people who are affected by gambling harm, support the development of the Oasis Auckland service, and work as part of a passionate team within a highly reputable and stable organisation.
Oasis is an essential service and therefore continues to operate through the Auckland lockdown, however the team members are working from home until lockdown restrictions are lifted. You may therefore be required to work from home initially, and relevant technology will be provided.
- Demonstrated experience in office administration with strong computer literacy
- A welcoming manner and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service
- Ability to relate to diverse groups of people, cultures and life situations
- Ability to provide confidential and timely responses in a non-judgemental and professional manner
- A consultative and collaborative approach
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building capabilities
- A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
- Experience with addictions, health or social service settings is advantageous
- Ability to achieve a clean Police Check
To find out more about Oasis, please visit the website https://oasis.salvationarmy.org.nz/
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 15 November 2021
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
View the position description by copying this link into your browser: https://mclaren.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/TSA-PD-Oasis-Receptionist-Administrator-26.10.21.pdf