Nga Tekau AOD is a service supported by mana whenua Te Whanganui-a-Tara, Wellington Tenths Trust and Palmerston North Maori Reserve Trust. The collective fall under the management of Hikoikoi Management Limited (HML).
Nga Tekau AOD has been operating for over 20 years with a small, dedicated team to primarily support Maori to improve health, prevent harm and reduce health risks relating to alcohol and drug misuse.
"Ko au te taupa kihai i puawai aku moemoea", "I am the obstacle to the fruition of my dreams"
Nga Tekau aims to provide a holistic and integrated service incorporating Maori perspectives. The service follows the Maori Mental Health model 'Te Whare Tapa Wha' a 4 dimensional model: taha tinana, taha wairua, taha whanau, and taha hinengaro. This model sets the foundation of the mahi we do.
We are seeking a candidates who:
- Has a minimum of 2 years working as an AOD/Mental Health Counsellor
- Who is registered with DAPAANZ or equivalent
- Has a full drivers license
- Understands and practices matauranga Maori values and belief's through their mahi
- A person who works and contributes as a team member willing to help the collective to reach the company strategic goals
- Can build strong sustainable relationships in the health community to support the mahi and outcomes for Maori
- Sound clinical skills in assessment and treatment formula
- Strong clinical skills in group and individual therapy
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Cell phone and travel expenses reimbursed
- Monday to Friday working hours 8am to 4pm or flexible to suit
- PLD courses as required
- A busy and fun working environment with positive and committed staff
- Access to mana whenua social and cultural activities to support the mahi and outcomes
- Regular cultural and supervision support to assist and improve professional practices and competence
- Free Parking
If you are interested in the role please send your application to email@example.com.