- X1 Enrolled Nurse fixed term and X1 Registered Nurse fixed term role available (both covering parental leave)
- All must have a mental health scope of practice and current APC.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a cohesive Multi-Disciplinary Team.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Teams: What we do
Te Awakura is a 64 bed adult acute inpatient unit that provides 24 hour care for consumers with mental illness. Our model of care focuses on integrated multidisciplinary teams, providing excellent care for consumers in the least restrictive manner. Consisting of four open 16 bed acute inpatient wards (North, East, South and West), there are opportunities here for registered nurses looking for an exciting step into a dynamic health environment.
North Inpatient Ward
North inpatient ward cares for consumers that live in the North of Christchurch and Ashburton. The nursing team on North is made up of a variety of levels of experiences, backgrounds and personalities. We pride ourselves on team work and a positive working culture.
East Inpatient Ward
East inpatients services the East quadrant of the city, from New Brighton to the inner city. We are a close knit team and have a good relationship with our Outpatient Team. We have a strong emphasis on providing high quality care, ensuring the consumer, family and whanau are at the centre of all we do.
South Inpatient Ward
South inpatients services the South side of Christchurch. We pride ourselves on being inclusive with our consumers and their whanau. We work in a least restrictive model providing high quality care and put a strong emphasis on partnership and kindness.
West Inpatient ward
Providing services to consumers in West Christchurch, we work closely with our outpatient team and other community services. We are made up of passionate clinicians who work in the patients’ best interests at all times. We have a supportive team culture and encourage opportunities for growth and development.
The Role: Where you fit in
- We are looking for nurses with excellent communication and time management skills who can work effectively as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- As part of a progressive organisation that values honesty, respect and integrity for every individual, this multi-varied role presents you with the opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging health environment.
- You will need to be confident, resilient and have the ability to build strong and successful relationships, with the patients and their families/whanau as we have a strong emphasis of re-engagement into the community.
- The roster pattern is 4 days on, 2 days off.
X1 0.94FTE Enrolled Nurse fixed term (covering parental leave) – until 20/10/2021
X1 0.94 FTE Registered Nurse fixed term (covering parental leave) – until 11/01/2022
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information