Achieving the best health outcomes for Northland communities starts with expecting the best from ourselves. We ensure every member of our team has the opportunity to develop, grow and stay inspired. Here, you can make an impact on your community and on your own professional development – all whilst enjoying a flexible and healthy work-life balance.
Right now we are looking for an exceptional Registered Health Clinician for a full time position within He Kakano Maternal & Infant Mental Health Services (based at Te Roopu Kimiora) to provide assessment and treatment to our clients and work within our multi-disciplinary team.
Maternal Services actively promotes recovery focused care and are seeking an autonomous practitioner, who is keen to innovate and participate in service development.
Northland DHB is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
To be successful in this role you will:
- • Be registered as either a Social Worker, Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Counsellor, and hold a current practicing certificate
- • Hold a full drivers licence
- • Have experience within the Mental Health sector – ideally within the Child and Youth Mental Health area
- • Have experience in the assessment and treatment of youth with co-existing mental health and dependency problems
- • Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- • Have an appreciation of Māori culture
- • Ideally have rural or community experience
If you have a passion for working with mama and pepi, in particular around bonding and attachment – this could be the opportunity for you.
A career with Northland DHB will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH21-147
Closes: 8 September 2021