Community Support Team – WDHB
Permanent, Full-time Position
The position comes with an allocated vehicle, mobile phone and laptop phone for work purposes as well as the freedom and flexibility to manage your own caseload.
Full-Time (40hrs/week), primarily Mon – Fri 8am – 5pm however when required, support will be available 24 hours per day 7 days per week.
Pay Band 14, Salary Scale 85% - 91%, $57,336 – $61,384pa ($27.56 – $29.51 per hour) (Depending on qualifications and experience)
Closing date for applications: This position will be advertised until filled
Ember is an Essential Service falls under Health Sector, as part of this role, you must be fully vaccinated including Booster vaccination
We are looking for a Registered Health Professional to support, assist and work collaboratively to ensure a highly functional Community Support Team.
Based at our Apollo Hub (North Shore) one main focus of the role is to provide positive and effective leadership, in collaboration with the Team Manager and Senior Support Workers. By working closely there are opportunities and a large focus of the It is a varied role where you will get the opportunity to work closely with the Community Support Workers in a mentoring and coaching role.
As a Registered Health Professional, you will continue with frontline community supports, providing clinical support hours within the WDHB area. As a key member of this dedicated team you will be familiar with crisis/acute work within the Mental Health Service. Your experience and skills in this sector will stand you in good stead as you appropriately assess and support clients with their wellness and recovery.
Superb communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as you will be liaising with clients, their families/whanau, clinical teams, community agencies and mental health service providers to name a few.
There is a strong emphasis on ensuring a high quality of service is delivered in accordance with Ember’s policy and procedures, relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
· Registered and able to practice as a Registered Health Professional in New Zealand. Examples are Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Counselling. (practicing certificate required)
· Knowledge of community resources and ability to network.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal), networking and administrative skills, including data entry and case management experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and active listening skills.
· High level of time management and organisational skills.
· High level of accuracy and consistency.
· Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
· A commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice.
· Eligibility to work in New Zealand.
· A current clean full New Zealand driver's licence.
· At least two years’ experience working in the mental health sector.
For more information about this job, please contact Janice Stirling, Team Manager on 021 216 4257
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download, complete and submit an Application Form from
Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
· Why are you interested in this position?
· What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?
Ember is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and embrace diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all.