Registered Health Professional
Community Support Services – ADHB
Permanent, Full-time Position
The position comes with a commuter use vehicle and mobile phone for work purposes as well as the freedom and flexibility to manage your own caseload.
Full-Time (40/wk), primarily Mon – Fri 8am – 5pm however when required, support will be available 24 hours per day 7 days per week.
Pay Band 14, Salary Scale 85% - 91%, $55,131 – $59,022 ($26.51 – $28.38 per hour) (Depending on qualifications and experience)
We are looking for a Registered Health Professional to support, assist and work collaboratively with the Team Manager, Registered Health Professionals and other Support Workers, to ensure a highly functional Community Support Service.
The successful applicant will ensure an excellent standard of practice, leadership and operational management leading to increased employee and consumer engagement.
This role is based at our Mt Roskill Hub and a large focus of the role is to provide positive and effective leadership in collaboration with the Team Manager and Senior Support Workers. It is a varied role where you will get the opportunity to work closely with the Community Support Workers in a mentoring and coaching role.
As a Registered Health Professional, you will also continue with frontline community supports, providing clinical support hours within the ADHB area. As a key member of this dedicated team you will be familiar with crisis/acute work within the Mental Health Service. Your experience and skills in this sector will stand you in good stead as you appropriately assess clients with their wellness and recovery while utilising the Strengths Model principles.
Superb communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as you will be liaising with clients, their families/whanau, clinical teams, community agencies and mental health service providers to name a few.
There is a strong emphasis on ensuring a high quality of service is delivered in accordance with Ember’s policy and procedures, relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Registered and able to practice in Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Nursing. (practicing certificate required)
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to network.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), networking and administrative skills, including data entry and case management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and active listening skills.
- High level of time management and organisational skills.
- High level of accuracy and consistency.
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice.
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand.
- A current clean full New Zealand driver's licence.
- At least two years’ experience working in the mental health sector.
For more information about this job, please contact Rose Culberson, Team Manager on 09 815 5124 or 021 976 541
Closing date: Friday 2nd April 2021 at 12pm
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents:
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from www.ember.org.nz/careers
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?
4 Email all of the above to: email@example.com