- Youth service providing residential individualised specialist support.
- Full time, based in Tauranga.
- Position available for a Registered Health Professional (social worker, nurse, or occupational therapist).
This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Health Professional to join a youth focused team to provide individualised specialist support to one taiohi.
You will be part of a team working together collectively to support one taiohi (young person) in a home like environment to integrate back into the community with a positive and connected future. This will be a challenging and varied role; the service may be fast paced at times and at other times will require you to bring positive and productive energy.
As a Registered Health Professional, you will be drawing on your experience in working with young people, and expertise from a range of treatment modalities to provide therapeutic interventions in supporting young people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing. You will have a current practicing certificate.
This role is on a rotating roster, working 40 hours per week:
Week 1 – Sunday- Thursday, AM shifts, 7.00am- 3.30pm
Week 2 – Sunday- Thursday, PM shifts, 3.00pm- 11.30pm
Together as one team you will support the taiohi in a homelike environment to develop life skills and resilience and provide support with practical problem solving and daily life skills. You will support community connection and liaise with relevant support services, family/whanau, and other providers to provide “whatever it takes and keeping it REAL” for the taiohi we support, in order for them to grow and identify their purpose and belonging in our community, so they have the opportunity to thrive.
We are seeking resilient, resourceful people to join the team who are experienced in mental health with a youth focus and who can naturally cultivate warm, trusting relationships.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working with taiohi that have required support to manage a number of different needs and can demonstrate ability and competence in working as a cohesive team in challenging situations.
You will have:
- A current New Zealand Health registration.
- 1+ years clinical experience working in the mental health and addiction sector.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in developing care plans, risk management plans, supporting other Registered Health Professionals and working with a multi-disciplinary team.
- An understanding of trauma-informed care and experience in working with young people.
- Both de-escalation skills and relationship building skills.
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence.
- A current New Zealand first aid certificate or be prepared to obtain one.
- You will have knowledge and understanding of Te Ao Maori.
You will be:
- A great listener, the sort of person who will listen to the people who use our services.
- A fresh thinker, using curiosity and imagination to generate new ideas.
- Inspiring others with enthusiasm and a take action approach.
- Resilient and adaptable in your approach.
- Passionate about mentoring and supporting young people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing.
Our spirit is ‘loving life’ - that’s what we do and what we help young people do
We provide health and wellbeing services for youth aged between 14 and 22. We believe in the importance of community, connection and relationships – and in the ability of young people to shape their own futures.
REAL teams consist of motivated people who live and breathe our purpose, make ordinary things extraordinary and spend their days going above and beyond to help young people to realize their potential.
Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
Here at Pathways, we value our employee’s and we like to show how much we value you by offering outstanding benefits. Some of the benefits include providing extra annual leave, income protection insurance, and subsidies for school holiday children’s programmes. Pathways is a supportive work environment where work life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at Real? Then apply now.
Closing Date: Monday 7 June 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Real-Tga-RHP-2020.pdf
Contact: Sarah Way, Team Coach, 027 239 1561
Real is supported by Pathways Health Limited, part of the Wise Group. Pathways are committed to healthy lifestyles and actively support a smoke-free environment.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.