The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
We are interested to hear from Registered Nurses, Occupational Therapists and Social Workers who are looking for new opportunities in the field of Mental Health Services for the Older People in the Western Bay of Plenty. Our Community Intake team has this permanent part-time position available working 72 hours per fortnight.
Mental Health Services for Older People provides a secondary specialist mental health service for people aged 65 and over with serious functional mental health and for people with complex dementia with behaviours and psychological symptoms related to the dementia. The service also provides a memory clinic for people presenting with memory and cognitive problems for diagnosis only.
We provide diagnosis treatment, acute care and case management support and liaise with other community agencies and specialist services. Referral come from a range of settings including GP, Support Net, family, and self-presentation.
Working in the Community Team, you will be part of a highly skilled, and supportive team. The team is made up of a range of health care professionals, all of whom have a passion for working with the older person and hold the individual at the centre of their decision making.
About you | Ko wai koe
- Our successful candidate will:
- Be required to have an excellent understanding of mental health conditions, the Mental Health Act and PPPR Act
- Be required to have an understanding of capacity assessment work up, range of therapeutic modalities and dementia/delirium nursing care
- Have a passion and minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with this client group
- Be able to manage a range of crisis and case management and changing case loads
- Have excellent communication and clinical skills
- Have a good degree of emotional resilience and a sense of humour is a must!
About us | Ko wai mātou
We can offer you:
- Orientation & training support
- Staff are supported to attend ongoing training courses
- Onsite Hospital gym
- Free carparking
Our stunning region is renowned for its beautiful beaches, surfing, kayaking, boating, fishing, outdoor pursuits, tramping, walking and native bush reserves. Tauranga is just over an hour’s drive to Whakatane, around an hour away from Rotorua, and in winter it is under three hours to the central plateau ski fields.
For further enquiries please contact Claire McGowan Blair (07) 579 8141.
Please click here for Registered Health Professional position description.
Please click here for Registered Nurse position description.
Our values of Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence are at the centre of everything we do. We are looking for someone who demonstrates, exudes and embeds behaviours consistent with our Manaakitanga values as well as the above skills and experience.
The BOPDHB are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
All applications are to be made online.