- Permanent, Full-Time (40 hours per week)
- Primarily Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm (however, when required support will be available 24/7)
- Pay Scale: $57,336 to $61,384 per annum
- Based at our Apollo Hub
Ember Korowai Takitini:
We provide innovative, person-centred solutions for people experiencing mental distress, addiction issues and people with intellectual disabilities. We support people to live the lives they choose, and we challenge the systems that hold them back.
By investing in our employees, we aim to grow our own leaders.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and embrace diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all.
- Offers additional leave – Recreation days, study leave
- Provides a comprehensive Health & Wellbeing programme, including health checks, flu vaccinations and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and more
- Provides training opportunities for upskilling, personal & professional development, and career progression.
Our focus is to provide guidance and support at the level necessary for the individual to have a safe and satisfying life. Services and supports are tailored to the individual and their whanau’s needs as well as responsive to the individual’s changing aspirations, capacity/capability, goals, and mental health challenges over time.
With a strong emphasis on ensuring a high quality of service is delivered in accordance with Ember’s policy and procedures, relevant legislation, regulations, and standards.
There is a large focus in providing positive and effective leadership in collaboration with the Team Manager and Senior Support Workers. It is a varied role where you will get the opportunity to work closely with the Community Support Workers in a mentoring and coaching role.
As a Registered Health Professional, you will continue with frontline community supports, providing clinical support hours within the WDHB area. As a key member of this dedicated team, you will be familiar with crisis/acute work within the Mental Health Service. Your experience and skills in this sector will stand you in good stead as you appropriately assess and support clients with their wellness and recovery.
Superb communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as you will be liaising with clients, their families/whanau, clinical teams, community agencies and mental health service providers to name a few.
- Hold a current registered in either of the following fields: Occupational Therapy/DAPAANZ/Counselling/Social Work/Nursing
- Have at least 2 years’ experience working in mental health sector
- Have a full NZ Drivers Licence
- Have a valid/current work visa, residency, or citizenship
- Be fully Covid vaccinated with 1st & 2nd and a booster vaccination in compliance with the mandate for the health sector.
- Have a passion for walking along side those in need, supporting on-going goals on the pathway to recovery.
- Be able to time manage with exceptional organisation skills.
- Have a commitment to the treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practices.
A Job Description can be downloaded from www.ember.org.nz/careers
To apply please submit the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Updated CV/Resume
2. Cover Letter - detailing the following:
a. Why you’re interested in the role?
b. What skills, knowledge, competencies, and experience to you bring to the role?
c. Ember’s application form – located on www.ember.org.nz/careers