- Support taiohi (young people) to foster positive relationships, and build their own future.
- Position available for a Registered Health Professional (social workers, nurses, or occupational therapists).
- A youth service providing residential individualised specialist support, based in Hamilton.
We are looking for a Registered Health Professional to join our service. If you are passionate about supporting taiohi to cultivate safe relationships and to become optimistic about their futures, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a mature, experienced, and resilient Registered Health Professional to join our service.
You will be part of a team, working with a Team Coach and Youth Workers, working together collectively to support taiohi (young people). This will be a challenging and varied role; the services may be fast paced at times and at all times will require you to bring positive and productive energy.
32 hours per week, working Friday- Monday, rotating AM and PM shifts.
Week 1- Friday- Monday PM shifts, 3.00pm- 11.30pm.
Week 2- Friday- Monday AM shifts, 7.00am- 3.30pm
Draw on your experience working through a trauma informed lens with taiohi, and expertise from a range of treatment modalities to provide therapeutic interventions and engagement in supporting and role modelling for our taiohi. Support taiohi to build trusting relationships, resilience and wellbeing.
A strong collective sense of community and whaanau like relationships are developed within our whare, and teams will provide a safe environment for our taiohi and staff to flourish.
Some examples of what a usual day might include:
- Taiohi centred goal planning and support.
- Team supervision, reflection and valuation.
- Enrichment activities following Te Whare Tapa Wha principles.
- Medication support and documentation.
- Administration tasks including incident reporting and timely note writing.
- Monitoring and responding to ongoing situations using effective de-escalation and relationship skills.
- Regular liaison with Key stakeholders.
- Meal preparation and meal support.
- All responsibilities involved in the care and running of a household and property.
We are seeking a resilient, resourceful person to join our existing team.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working with complex youth and can demonstrate ability and competence in working as a cohesive team in challenging situations. You will have the maturity and ability to read group dynamics and respond appropriately, and ideally have experience working through a Te Ao Maaori lens.
You will have:
- A current New Zealand Health registration (APC).
- Minimum 2 years experience in working with young people
- Both de-escalation skills and relationship building skills.
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence.
- A current New Zealand first aid certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of Te Ao Maaori, including Te Reo Maaori and Tikanga, or be open to learning about it.
- An understanding of what you need for your own wellbeing.
Our spirit is ‘loving life’ - that’s what we do and what we help young people do
We provide health and wellbeing services for youth aged between 14 and 22. We believe in the importance of community, connection and relationships – and in the ability of young people to shape their own futures.
REAL teams consist of motivated people who live and breathe our purpose, make ordinary things extraordinary and spend their days going above and beyond to help young people to realize their potential.
Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
Here at Real we value our employee’s and we like to show how much we value you by offering outstanding benefits. Some of the benefits include providing extra annual leave, income protection insurance, and subsidies for school holiday children’s programmes.
Real is a supportive work environment where work life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at Real? Then apply now.
Closing Date: Monday 5 July 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner if suitable candidates are found.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Real-RHP-2021.pdf
Contact: Helen Eyeington, Team Coach, 027 358 8012
Real is supported by Pathways Health Limited, part of the Wise Group. Pathways are committed to healthy lifestyles and actively support a smoke-free environment.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.