Come and join us
SST is a charitable trust who are now one of the largest mental health service providers in New Zealand. Each week, our services reach over 500 people in the Canterbury region.
SST is seeking a registered nurse (RN) to provide shift clinical leadership, you will be working a rotating roster of morning and afternoon shifts including weekends. SST has an experienced RN who will provide support and guidance.
About the role
This role primarily focuses on the crisis respite unit which provides short term residential support for up to 13 people experiencing mental distress that do not require admission to CDHB acute units.
The key responsibilities:
- assessing referrals for admission and completing admission requirements.
- planning, and providing clinical support to implement, to meet each person’s health care needs including mental distress
- provide direction and support to unregistered staff
- overseeing medication management including training and assessing unregistered staff to administer.
- to provide on-call services when on shift, and on a shared roster, that includes covering the other SST residential houses.
- able to work with the values and customs of the SST organisation.
Nursing experience requirements are:
- a current NZ practicing certificate
- experience responding to health status changes
- providing direction and support to unregistered staff
- using electronic patient management systems.
Preference will be given to a RN with experience in:
- working with people experiencing mental distress
- understanding the recovery approach
- flexibility and adaptability to provide services to people with a range of support needs.
- experience within the field of alcohol and other drug abuse/addiction.
We are a faith-based organisation driven by our values. You will champion these values of Faith, Grace, Hope, Love and Integrity through your work by bringing the best of yourself to every situation and put the wellbeing of all the people we care for, first.
You will join a small but passionate team that will allow you to positively contribute to the health and wellbeing of Tangata Whaiora.
What are you waiting for – apply now.
For further information about this vacancy, please contact our People & Capability team on 03 338 6390.