Invercargill Community Mental Health team
- Permanent, full-time (40 hours per week)
About the team
We offer you a warm, pleasant working environment, very good resources and the opportunity to work and develop professionally within a progressive and friendly team that is well supported by management.
The role/about you
You will join our progressive and dynamic multidisciplinary team. Within this position you will be responsible for case managing a busy caseload working across the adult age range, assessing, maintaining and managing clinical risk, whilst working alongside consumers, family/whanau and support agencies.
Joining our multidisciplinary team of Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Registered Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Dietitians you'll work with a broad-based generic caseload, utilising your mental health experience. As someone committed to the MDT approach with a focus on excellent service delivery, you'll also appreciate that we offer ongoing tailored professional development specific to our Mental Health team.
This is a great opportunity to join the Invercargill Community Mental Health Team and to experience working in a community setting. To be successful in this role you will have two years post graduate experience in Mental Health, and the ability to meet the demands of a busy workload to a high standard, have excellent communication and time management skills. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate that they are a team player and are fully committed to providing quality care to the patients and their families of the service
- To be successful in this role you will have community and/or recent mental health acute inpatient experience, proven leadership and the ability to meet the demands of a busy workload to a high standard
- You will also hold a strong sense of 'self', a positive 'can do' attitude and a commitment to working cohesively in a multidisciplinary team environment. You should be able to demonstrate a commitment to best practice standards and your model of practice will be inclusive of the seven Real Skills of Let's get real (www.tepou.co.nz)
- You should be a New Zealand Registered Nurse with a minimum of three years' experience, with current APC and hold a full NZ driver's licence
If this sounds like you, then apply today!
About Southern DHB
Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Now is also a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move. The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art - there's literally something for everyone. Why don't you check out https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing date: Wednesday, 9 June 2021.
Due to the fast paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Do you currently work for Southern DHB? If so, please apply for this role via the internal careers site.
For further information please contact Caroline, Recruitment Advisor - Mental Health, Phone (03) 214 5769 or email email@example.com
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health Assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/